Anyone who missed the Tamaqua Salvation Army’s food registration dates last month will still be able to register (for food baskets only) on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 from 9 AM to 2 PM at the Salvation Army, 105 West Broad Street.
· Proof of Residency such as a current utility bill (gas, electric, propane, water bill) OR lease/mortgage agreement. NOTE: Applicants must be residents of East Schuylkill and Southwest Carbon Counties.
· Current Photo ID: Driver’s License, State Issued ID, Governmental/Military ID, Passport, ID from Country of Origin for ALL adult household members. ID must show current address of applicant.
· Working Telephone number at which applicant can be reached between October 20-December 18th, 2015.
· Social Security Cards – Legal documents bearing Social Security numbers or equivalent documentation from Country of Origin for ALL household members.
· Proof of Household Monthly Income, such as a pay stub, social security, child support, award letter, unemployment verification, official food stamps verification. If no income verification is available, you may bring DHS Benefits Statement, and it must include name, birth date, social security number, benefit type and amount.
· Proof of all expenses dated within the last 30 days. Examples include rent, utilities, insurance, car payments, household/cell phone bills, medical bills, ANY monthly payments, etc.
· DO NOT REGISTER AT MORE THAN ONE LOCATION. – Doing so WILL jeopardize your application at either location, forfeiting your rights to receive gifts from these programs. The need has grown, but donations have seriously dwindled over the past few years.
If registrant is unable to pick up the donation(s) themselves, the person picking up must have a signed letter from the registration, an appointment slip, and the registrant’s identification and their identification.
– Thanksgiving Food Basket Distribution is Monday, November 23, 2015 from 9 AM to 2 PM.
– Christmas Food Basket, Angel Tree and Toys For Tots Distribution is Thursday, December 17, 2015 from 9 AM to 2 PM.
In addition, everyone, no matter your income, is welcome to attend the Tamaqua Salvation Army’s free Thanksgiving Day (November 26, 2015) Community Dinner between 11 AM and 3 PM.
Members of the community who are interested in helping The Salvation Army meet the needs of individuals and families this season, should contact Major Sharon Whispell by phone 508-574-9950 or email Sharon.Whispell@use.salvationarmy.org.
Financial donations can also be made by texting TAMAQUA to 41444 on a smartphone, online at http://pendel.salvationarmy.org/easternpa/tamaqua, or by mail:
“The Salvation Army of Tamaqua”
105 West Broad St.
P.O. Box 229
Tamaqua, PA 18252-0229
The Salvation Army came to the Tamaqua region in 1915, developing and maintaining a consistent tradition of unselfish service to the people when they need help most. The Salvation Army of Tamaqua initiatives include emergency financial assistance, food and nutrition programs, activities for children and older adults, recreational opportunities, counseling, spiritual development, music and arts programs and worship services.