A neurologic support group meets every third Friday of the month from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM in the Community Room of St. Luke’s Hospital – Miners Campus in Coaldale.
What is the Support Group?
The Group is for survivors and families or friends of neurologic diseases like Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, or Stroke. The group meets regularly to socialize and learn to deal with problems related to the neurologic diseases. By emphasizing what can be done rather than what can’t be done, the group may give new hope and insight to those involved.
Who can join?
The group is open to all survivors, family and friends, as well as other interested people.
What are the goals of the Support Group?
– Learn about stroke, its causes and effects
– Increase self-help, problem-solving and prevention measures
– Provide a resource group to new stroke victims and their families
– Provide encouragement regarding mutual problems and accomplishments
– Enhance individual dignity and self-worth
– Reduce feelings of isolation
– Integrate into social situation
For more information, view the flyer or call 570-645-8385.