Pictured recently are volunteers transporting materials in preparation for August 4th’s ‘Dear Tamaqua… In A New Light’ community event titled ‘Beyond Coal: the angst, the pride – a one mile multimedia walking experience through the streets of Tamaqua’.
Helping with the move were Dan Reigel, Citizen’s Fire Company and others.
Events on Tuesday consist of:
2 PM to 9 PM – Tamaqua Salvation Army Kids Carnival (a fundraiser for the Salvation Army)
– Held at train station parking lot.
– Includes games, food, entertainment and more.
7:30 PM – 8:30 PM – ‘Dear Tamaqua… In A New Light’ Event:
– Rolling walking tours start at the Tamaqua Train Station and go west on Broad Street(start every five minutes and last about 45 minutes). They circle back on Hegarty Avenue and return to train station.
– Includes music, entertainment, presentations, actors/actresses performing ‘Dear Tamaqua’ letters, and much more.
9:30 PM – ‘Dear Tamaqua’ Finale:
– Fireworks over the Dutch Hill mountain and East End mountain.
(Can be seen best from the Tamaqua Train Station.)
For more information about the upcoming Dear Tamaqua Project, click HERE to view the press release, visit the event’s website at www.deartamaqua.com or view the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dear-Tamaqua/530284830422222.
Fast Forwarded Video of Dear Tamaqua event path through Tamaqua:
All photos special to TamaquaArea.com.